Re: Problem with dumps

От Bill Christensen
Тема Re: Problem with dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 9:55 AM +0200 8/11/10, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>Le 09/08/2010 20:04, Bill Christensen a écrit :
>>  Hi folks,
>>
>>  I'm building a new server with postgres/phppgadmin, and having trouble
>>  getting the dumps to work properly.   This is my first time installing
>>  postgres, so I very well may have missed something.
>>

>Do you use the same server for PostgreSQL and phpPgAdmin? if not, the
>pg_dump executable has to be on the server with phpPgAdmin.

Thanks for the reply.  Now at least I know that my emails are getting through!

Yes, PostgreSQL and phpPgAdmin are on the same server.

>  >     Export error: Failed to execute pg_dump (given path in your
>>  conf/config.inc.php :
>>      /usr/bin/pg_dump). Please, fix this path in your configuration and
>>  relog.
>>

>I suppose it means you need to disconnect and reconnect before it can
>use the new configuration.

Well, I tried both a reboot and logout/login, with no success yet.

At 5:15 PM +0200 8/11/10, Jens Wilke wrote:
>Am Mittwoch 11 August 2010 16:20:27 schrieb Bill Christensen:
>
>Hi,
>
>>    Export error: Failed to execute pg_dump (given path in your
>>  conf/config.inc.php :
>
>Is pg_dump executable?

I hadn't thought to check that.

Everything in that directory is rwxr-xr-x root
admin.  Could it be an ownership or group problem?

>Did you try to do a manual dump w/o phpadmin?

Hmm.  I'm getting a "role 'root' does not exist"
error, though I've got --role=billc -W (a working
user name and password) in there.

I did  a search in the wiki and don't see
anything to address that specifically, though
there's stuff about getting that response when
you're calling a user that doesn't exist.

Is the file owner being 'root' the problem?  Should it be 'postgres'?
--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>

Sustainable Building Calendar: <http://Calendar.SustainableSources.com>